Today i logged in to my Lab which is hosted in vCloud Air LAB powered by OVH, unfortunately i forgot the password of my SSO account as i didnt used from the long time and somehow i was not able to find it in my Password DB. Anyways then i managed to reset the password for my SSO account so i thought to share it with you all so if sometime anyone got stuck can reset the password via the same way. Lets start.
I am using vcsa 6.5 with external PSC controller. Just for info as its going to use the ssh session..
- Log in to vCenter Server Appliance using SSH as the root user. and Run this command to enable access the Bash shell:
shell.set –enabled true
- Type shell and press Enter.
- Run /usr/lib/vmware-vmdir/bin/vdcadmintool.
This console loads:
1. Test LDAP connectivity
2. Force start replication cycle
3. Reset account password
4. Set log level and mask
5. Set vmdir state
- Press 3 to enter the Reset account password option.
- When prompted for the Account UPN, enter:
A new password is generated.
Note: If your vSphere Domain name is customized, provide the customized domain name.
- Use the generated password to log in to the User@vSphere_Domain_Name.local account.
- After the password is regenerated, log in to the vSphere Web Client and change the password.