Here is how you can get and quickly setup this awesome appliance named SexiLog.
.Step 1: Get SexiLog
Step 2: Deploy
SexiLog appliance aimed to be deployed on a VMware vSphere™ environment which can be achieve via several ways:
- vSphere client (http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.vsphere.vm_admin.doc_50/GUID-6C847F77-8CB2-4187-BD7F-E7D3D5BD897B.html)
- vSphere Web Client (http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-55/topic/com.vmware.vsphere.vm_admin.doc/GUID-AFEDC48B-C96F-4088-9C1F-4F0A30E965DE.html)
- VMware OVF Tool command-line utility (https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/ovf/)
Step 3: Configure
SexiLog is pre-configured in DHCP mode but it’s possible to switch to static mode thanks to SexiMenu (this tool is launched automatically when you connect via SSH/console or can be launched with
4) that matches common operations which are self explanatory (logout, access to shell, reboot or halt system, restart SexiLog services), menu
7) let you configure appliance network, keymap (useful for console troubleshooting on azerty keyboard) and configure Riemann settings (for e-mail alerting).
SexiMenu will drive you around the configuration options
Step 4: Redirect ESXi syslog
To make VMware ESXi™ send logs to your SexiLog appliance, you need to add
udp://your_appliance_fqdn_or_ipv4:514 in the advanced option
You can use this PowerCLI script to automate the task: http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2013/07/log-insight-bulk-esxi-host-configuration-with-powercli.html
And here you are, relax and start searching!
Annex: Credentials & URL
root password is
Sex!Log. The default keyboard layout is Qwerty US.
The SexiLog web interface (ie Kibana) is listening on TCP port 80 so you can reach it at http://your_appliance_fqdn_or_ipv4/
You can get more Details by reaching to website.: http://www.sexilog.fr/quickstart/ Thanks to them for bringing up with this new and lovely tool.