Hi All ,
I believe most of them knows about it but I tried to write it for the people who want to setup it from the scratch. Whenever the alert is generate it throws a mail to the sender email id so you can get a prompt email and act as per the urgencies.
You can configure vCenter Server to send email notifications as alarm actions.
Before vCenter Server can send email, you must perform the following tasks:
- Configure the SMTP server settings for vCenter Server or Microsoft Outlook Express.
- Specify email recipients through the Alarm Settings dialog box when you configure alarm actions. To perform this task, the vSphere Client must be connected to a vCenter Server.
2. If the vCenter Server system is part of a connected group, in Current vCenter Server, select the vCenter Server system to configure.
3. Select Mail in the navigation list.
4. For email message notification, set the SMTP server and Sender Account:
The DNS name or IP address of the SMTP gateway to use for sending email messages.
The email address of the sender, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. After finishing this settings only have to configure the alarms as per the requirement. These are the basic Alarms settings available in the vcenter
By following this way you can get the email alert for any incident happened to your vcenter. Thanks for reading.